Short drives and infrequent oil changes are two factors that lead to formation of sludge in an engine. This gelling of the oil can cause premature engine failure. Oil change intervals depend on the type of driving done. If most of the driving is open highway with little stop and go the interval could be 5000-7500 miles. But if the driving done is short trips and or stop and go, the oil should be changed every 3000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first. Some vehicles use a monitoring program that lets the computer say when to change the oil. Every oil change includes a 12 point inspection, top up of fluids and set tire pressures.
Listed below are some of our featured products from J&M…
Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Delivers the ultimate motor oil protection and performance. Compared to conventional oils.
- Provides excellent engine cleanliness through superior sludge and varnish protection
- Helps reduce engine wear at high temperatures with improved viscosity stability
- Provides outstanding high-temperature protection under severe driving conditions
- Provides superior cold-temperature protection through faster oil flow at start-up
- Provides more durable anti-wear additives which remain in the oil longer for outstanding protection against friction and wear
- Helps maintain fuel efficiency for the life of the oil (applies to 5W30 and 10W30 grades)
- Is fully compatible with all conventional and leading synthetic motor oils
Higher Mileage Motor Oil
Fight the Four Major Causes of Engine Breakdown – Leaks, Deposits, Sludge, and Friction. Our High Mileage oil is to help maximize your engine life.
- Special seal conditioners rejuvenate seals within the engine block to help prevent oil leaks that lead to sludge and deposits
- Anti-oxidant additives reduce oil viscosity breakdown to help prevent engine-clogging sludge and deposit formation
- Detergents chemically bond with and remove existing sludge and deposits
- Additional friction-reducing additives help reduce abrasion within engine
- Anti-wear agents help prevent engine damage
Semi Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
“Outperforms” all leading conventional motor oils and meets the demands of today’s “tough” driving conditions.
- Better protection against sludge and varnish deposit to keep your engine running cleaner, longer
- Better cold start protection by flowing more quickly and circulating faster through the engine
- Greater resistance to oil breakdown at high temperatures for strong wear protection
- Helps improve fuel efficiency durability for the life of the oil (applies to 5W30 and 10W30 grades)
- Fully compatible with all conventional and leading semi synthetic motor oils